November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!




I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of family, friends and loved ones. I drove home late Wednesday night to be with my family. There is just something special about walking into a home. I am the only one with the key to our back door, so I let myself in. They didn't know I was here yet, and I got to enjoy the smell, warmth, and sounds for just a second. There was a fire going, Christmas music playing, candles lit, the rise and falling of laughter, and delicious sweet potato smell. What a wonderful welcome home and intro to the holiday season. The next day was followed with family, grandparents and stories. So crank up the Christmas music and enjoy some Trans-Siberian Orchestra. (my personal favorite is "First Snow"). These are some traditions that I am looking forward to!

1 comment: