January 5, 2009

embroidery of many colors


It has been quite some time since my last post. Christmas and New Years went by filled with friends and family. The snow melted and returned. I am back up in Seattle with school starting today. Last night was awful picking up a friend at the airport! We only had 4 inches of snow, but with the hills, my poor car was having a very difficult time. However, I have been working on projects and finished the mittens for my Mom. Unfortunately, I forgot to photograph them, so hopefully I will get a picture soon. I embroidered the backs of the mittens with different patterns, and made the gloves out of felt (they are lined with a soft faux fur). They were a lot of fun to make, and I am going to continue stitching for a while, especially with my leftover floss. Happy New Year! And I hope you take some time to think back over the previous year, while making plans for this one.

1 comment: